Karen in MA's Note:
Quick & Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated & peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- steamed rice, for serving
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep skillet until shimmering.
- 2Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown (about 7 minutes).
- 3Add ginger, garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- 4Add coconut milk and stock and simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 and thickened (about 8 minutes).
- 5Add shrimp, season with salt and cayenne and simmer over medium heat until the shrimp are pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- 6Stir in the mint and lemon zest and serve in deep bowls over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madras Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 261.0 mg
- Sodium 348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 38.0 g