Karen in MA's Note:
Quick & Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated & peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- steamed rice, for serving
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep skillet until shimmering.
- 2Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown (about 7 minutes).
- 3Add ginger, garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- 4Add coconut milk and stock and simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 and thickened (about 8 minutes).
- 5Add shrimp, season with salt and cayenne and simmer over medium heat until the shrimp are pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- 6Stir in the mint and lemon zest and serve in deep bowls over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madras Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 261.0 mg
- Sodium 348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 38.0 g