Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is an ideal marinade for those who like spicy, but not so spicy it burns your face off.
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder (Available in most large Asian groceries)
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon very finely minced fresh garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, or use tightly covered Tupperware and shake to mix.
- (Madras curry often comes with whole bay leaves in the jar. Don't use these in the marinade!) Adjust the amounts of curry powder and orange juice to suit your personal taste.
- Goes well with chicken, pork, or shrimp.
- The longer the meat soaks in the marinade, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Poking holes in the meat with a fork will also help the flavor soak into the meat.
- Works well on the grill, in the oven, or under the broiler.
This was very tasty. I forgot to buy ginger, so I added about a tsp of mustard powder for a bite. The DH loved it. I'll be making it again.
I made this theother day and the whole family loved it. Try adding 1/4 teaspoon crushed chillis for some extra bite! Lovely.
This was wonderful despite the fact I did not have Madras curry. I used regular, a small bay leaf, and some hot sauce. I saute the marinated chicken in a skillet with red and green pepper strips and a wedged onion. Very yummy indeed!