Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use 1 or 2 Tablespoons for an authentic madras curry.
Make and share this Madras Curry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 36.97 ml coriander seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- 14.79 ml cumin seed, dry roasted and ground
- 4.92 ml brown mustard seeds
- 2.46 ml cracked black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml chili powder (such as cayenne.......not the SW seasoning..)
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger
- 44.37-59.16 ml white vinegar
- Put all ingredients except vinegar into small bowl and mix together well.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Keep for up to one month in an airtight container in fridge.
Thanks for this! I needed some curry paste and didn't have time to shop for it. Tasted just great - I used already powdered forms of the seasonings and it was just fine.
Excellent! Robust but not overly done. I toasted and ground all the spices. Used 3/4 of the paste for a lamb meatball curry. Can't wait to try it with chicken.
Easy to make and looking forward to using.<br/>Tweaked only by the use of some oil to prevent drying out before I get chance to use.<br/>As we all know the paste is only half the story and the pleasure will come when I decide which meat I'm going to use this with and how I decide to proceed with the sauce.<br/>Hope you include my picture.