Use 1 or 2 Tablespoons for an authentic madras curry.
Make and share this Madras Curry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, dry roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (such as cayenne.......not the SW seasoning..)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 -4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Put all ingredients except vinegar into small bowl and mix together well.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Keep for up to one month in an airtight container in fridge.