Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use 1 or 2 Tablespoons for an authentic madras curry.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, dry roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (such as cayenne.......not the SW seasoning..)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 -4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Put all ingredients except vinegar into small bowl and mix together well.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Keep for up to one month in an airtight container in fridge.
Thanks for this! I needed some curry paste and didn't have time to shop for it. Tasted just great - I used already powdered forms of the seasonings and it was just fine.
Just what I was wanting! I was in a hurry so I used pre-ground coriander and cumin but changed nothing else. Loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Excellent! Robust but not overly done. I toasted and ground all the spices. Used 3/4 of the paste for a lamb meatball curry. Can't wait to try it with chicken.