Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
A recipe from the south of India. The further south you go the stronger the curries, this is a great dish, and can be made using beef or lamb. The pomegranate rice is colourful and add a bit of sweetness to the dish.
- 2 lbs lean meat, diced and fat free
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, slips open
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, mixed with
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pint stock, made with a cube
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions, cloves and the cardamom for 5 minutes.
- Add the green chilies, dried chilies, ginger, and garlic cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the curry powder with a little oil to form a paste and add to the pan; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, salt and stock' cover and simmer till meat is tender.
- Serve with pomegranate rice.
- Boil the rice, seed a pomegranate and stir the seeds into the rice.