Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Any cut of beef or even stew beef can be used if sirloin is not available.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 dried red chilies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion and chillies.
- Cook about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add steak cubes, mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and water.
- Cover pan, bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently until the meat is tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Add salt and lemon juice.