Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Simply Classic Cookbook, Seattle, WA. This has 2 hours marination required.
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Place the pork slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except the butter and chives. Pour the marinade over the meat; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Remove the pork slices from the marinade and place on an oiled broiler pan. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil the marinade until reduced by half. Turn the heat down to low and swirl in butter a little at a time: do not allow sauce to boil after butter has been added.
- Broil the pork slices 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to plates, allowing 2 slices per person. Spoon a little sauce over the pork and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
The sauce that tops the medallions is amazing! Great with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.