Recipe by birdie #3 (andrea)
Eating plain steamed green beans gets old after a while, so I decided to add some flavor. I found that my daughter really enjoys these too. That makes them even more awesome! They are pretty simple to make.
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used alot more then a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder. I used frozen petite green beans and they came out tasty.
- 14 ounces fresh green beans (rinsed, trimmed and cut in half) or 14 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add green beans to a non-stick pan with a lid.
- Set burner to medium-low.
- Add water (you can add more if needed).
- You want to cover and steam till your green beans are soft and to your liking. Check every so often, maybe do a taste test.
- Once they are cooked, remove most of the water, a little water left over is okay.
- Add butter and garlic powder to taste. i think it is safe to say about 1/4 a teaspoon is a good measurement not over-doing it.
- Cook until desired doneness. you can just cook them in butter till it coats them well or sauté them a little.
- Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Don’t over-do it! You can always add more salt or pepper, even garlic powder when it is on your plate.