1/1 Photo of Madi's Favorite Green Beans
birdie #3 (andrea)'s Note:
Eating plain steamed green beans gets old after a while, so I decided to add some flavor. I found that my daughter really enjoys these too. That makes them even more awesome! They are pretty simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add green beans to a non-stick pan with a lid.
- 2Set burner to medium-low.
- 3Add water (you can add more if needed).
- 4You want to cover and steam till your green beans are soft and to your liking. Check every so often, maybe do a taste test.
- 5Once they are cooked, remove most of the water, a little water left over is okay.
- 6Add butter and garlic powder to taste. i think it is safe to say about 1/4 a teaspoon is a good measurement not over-doing it.
- 7Cook until desired doneness. you can just cook them in butter till it coats them well or sauté them a little.
- 8Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Don’t over-do it! You can always add more salt or pepper, even garlic powder when it is on your plate.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madi's Favorite Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 85.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g