Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eating plain steamed green beans gets old after a while, so I decided to add some flavor. I found that my daughter really enjoys these too. That makes them even more awesome! They are pretty simple to make.
- 14 ounces fresh green beans (rinsed, trimmed and cut in half) or 14 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Add green beans to a non-stick pan with a lid.
- Set burner to medium-low.
- Add water (you can add more if needed).
- You want to cover and steam till your green beans are soft and to your liking. Check every so often, maybe do a taste test.
- Once they are cooked, remove most of the water, a little water left over is okay.
- Add butter and garlic powder to taste. i think it is safe to say about 1/4 a teaspoon is a good measurement not over-doing it.
- Cook until desired doneness. you can just cook them in butter till it coats them well or sauté them a little.
- Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Don’t over-do it! You can always add more salt or pepper, even garlic powder when it is on your plate.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used alot more then a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder. I used frozen petite green beans and they came out tasty.
These were very good and an easy and fast recipe, however next time I make them I will add fresh minced garlic and omit the garlic powder.