Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rendition of Mader's German restaurant appetizer.
Make and share this Mader's Reuben Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄4 cup German mustard (like Dusseldorf)
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces corned beef (ground or shredded)
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 12 -15 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil
- Make dipping sauce by combining Thousand Island dressing, German mustard, wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon minced onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
- To make rolls:
- Combine corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and 1/4 cup onion; mix well.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the center of an egg roll wrapper.
- Roll up as directed on package, sealing edges with a little water.
- Deep-fry rolls in 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil, heated to 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- When done, remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce.
Fantastic! Our rolls weren't the prettiest, but the taste was excellent. :)