1/1 Photo of Madeover Twice-Baked Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A tasty lower fat/calorie version of twice-baked potatoes. I have also frozen these before baking. From Light and Tasty introductory issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, may not need all of this
- 1/4 lb turkey bacon, diced and cooked (about 9 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1Bake the potatoes at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until tender. Cool.
- 2Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 3In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. I have found that using the full cup of milk makes the mixture too runny. I usually start with a scant 1/2 cup and then add more if necessary.
- 4Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madeover Twice-Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 653.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g