Recipe by *Alia*
These are based off of Mademoiselle Grey Tea. These have a wonderful earl grey taste with just a hint of lavender.
Top Review by kittykat #2
after 4 minutes in the oven these absolutely melted everywhere. I caught the goo before it attacked my oven bottom, but these little cookies, made exactly as specified, turned into a gooey, melty mess. I turned the oven down to 325 and let them cook another 6 minutes. The parts that didn't burn tasted pretty good, but...how are these cookies? Is the butter to flour ratio correct? They actually left small pools of butter behind on the tray! I only cooked half so far, tomorrow I will let the dough thaw completely and add more flour, maybe these can yet be saved! They sound sooo good!!!! Please, please check the recipe. :)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons earl grey tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon lavender
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour, tea leaves and lavender. Mix well.
- Divide dough in half and roll into a log, wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled slice to desired thickness (roughly 1/3 inch)and place on a backing sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or untill just browned on the edges.