Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is my niece's favorite corn dish. We like it too.
- 12 cups frozen corn (or fresh cut off the cob if you can get it)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons freshed chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large pot, add in corn and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Drain corn and put in a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
This was REALLY good! I am not a corn lover and I really loved it like this. The rest of the family love corn and they all liked this as a change, especially the kids. I did scale the recipe down, and I halved the dill because I was a little nervous about it...but next time I'm going for it! Thanks, Nurse Di!
I'm not sure I would make this again and if I did I would eliminate the dill and cut down on the Italian spice.
My whole family thought this was an excellent way to prepare corn. We love the flavors of corn and dill together so this was right up our alley. The thyme and Italian seasoning added to the zesty flavor. Very simple and easy to make. I had to use store-bought frozen corn but can't wait to try this with fresh corn in the summertime. Thanks Nurse Di.