Recipe by Slatts
This is another recipe from my mother in law. I do love a recipe that has wine as an ingredient. You just have to have a glass after you open the bottle right? It's like that saying "I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in my food."
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Stir in wine, worcestershire sauce, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and add the shrimp. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp becomes pink and tender.
- Serve shrimp in wide shallow bowls with cooking juices. A crusty bread goes nicely to soak up the yummy juices.