Recipe by ellie_
Spiced Madelines which require a special madeline pan are delicious served alone or with fruit and/or ice cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1987)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed, crushed (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray maleleine pan (36 molds) with cooking spray or grease pan with butter.
- Combine first five ingredients (flour- allspice) in bowl.
- In top of double boiler, stir eggs over simmering water for 5 minutes or until slightly cooked.
- Transfer eggs to mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until eggs are pale yellow and mixture is triple in vol.
- Sift half of the dry ingredients over the egg/sugar mixture and gently fold in.
- Repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Fold in melted butter in three additions.
- Spoon batter into molds, filling molds 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.