Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the Cookshops.com website where I bought my mini-madeleine mould! The timings don't include the hour the mixture spends in the fridge!
- 40 g self raising flour
- 40 g caster sugar
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 15 g ground almonds
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar, to dredge
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Place the butter into a small pan and melt very gently over a low heat.
- Pour the butter into the flour and sugar and add the almonds, egg, orange flower water and vanilla essence. Mix together well.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. After 50 minutes, preheat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Fan oven 180ºC, Gas mark 6.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and stand the mould on a baking tray.
- Place spoonfuls of the stiff mixture into the cups, pressing the mixture down evenly and spreading it slightly into the shape of the cups.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes until golden and well risen.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes in the mould then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Dredge the Madeleines with icing sugar.