1/2 Photos of Madeleines
Jem Mars's Note:
Madeleines are a simple snack that almost everyone, including beginners, can make. Since I'm an avid manga reader, I found this recipe in Kitchen Princess and later developed it into my own version. This is the original, I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the egg and sugar in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 2Begin melting the butter, preferably in a small pan for about a minute and a half.
- 3Add flour and baking powder to the bowl from step 1 and mix them together.
- 4Add melted butter to the bowl (You'll use some in step 4, so save some) and mix.
- 5Let the mixture sit for 10 to 20 minutes and the dough will thicken, it will then be easier to pour into the madeleine mold.
- 6Take a brush and put some butter on the madeleine mold and put a little bit of flour in it. This will make it easier to take the cookie out of the mold.
- 7Pour the dough into the mold.
- 8Bake for about 20 minutes in an oven preheated at 170 degrees (approx. 340˚F).
- 9Take them out of the mold and let them cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madeleines
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g