Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little sponge cake are best tasted when dipped into a cup of hot tea, chocolate or coffee. Original recipe from Joyofbaking.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a bowl, place flour, baking power and salt. Whisk until well bleneded.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until tripled volume and form thick ribbon. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold a small amount of flour over egg mixture to lighten it. Sift the rest of flour and fold. Do not overmix.
- Whisk a small amount of egg mixture into melted butter to lighten it. Fold in the cooled melted butter in 3 addtions. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake 10~15 minutes at 375°F.