Prep 23 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great little shell-shaped cookies.
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup and 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat together eggs and gradually add sugar.
- Mix in vanilla. lemon juice, and salt.
- Fold in flour and mix just until blended. Don't beat. Folding keeps them fluffy.
- Pour in melted butter slowly while mixing.
- Spoon batter into Madeleine pan until they are 3/4 the way filled.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Put cookies on a cooling rack and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.