1/1 Photo of Madeleine Cookies
1 hr 13 mins
Tried this recipe several times, and never failed. Both my family and friends love the cookies a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar and grated lemon peel together in a large bowl, and set the mixture aside for about an hour.
- 2Pour the eggs into the mixture, and mix them together.
- 3Add milk, and mix until blended.
- 4Mix in flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- 5Add the softened butter, and mix until blended.
- 6Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for about an hour. (Personally, I don’t think this step is necessary.)
- 7You’d better get a non-stick Madeleine mold, and you need to butter and flour the pan before pouring the batter into it. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 8Spoon the batter into the pan. Fill about 2/3 of the pan. Bake until puffed and brown (13-15 min).
- 9Remove the cookies from the pan when they are still hot. Let them cool on a cooling rack.
- 10You can slightly butter and flour the pan again for the next batch.
- 11Dust the cookies with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madeleine Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: