Recipe by Leslulu
I think my husband married me because I prepared this version of a madeira sauce and served it over beef kabobs. Use a Madeira wine that you would enjoy sipping yourself.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter and when it is gently bubbling, add the flour, stirring constantly until brown and smooth.
- Add beef stock and wine - keep stirring and stir until thickened. Takes about 15 minutes over medium heat.(This step is more fun while you are sipping some of the Madeira wine that you are using in your recipe).
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms in 4 tablespoons of butter until "fork tender." Add these to the sauce.
- Serve warm over beef tenderloins, beef kabobs, etc.