Recipe by Jewelies
Another internet find which I will probably make for Christmas gifts.
Top Review by LilKiwiChicken
I made this a couple of weeks ago and have just opened it now to review it. I tasted when bottling up to store and it was very strong and "rough", however now the flavours have settled down and melded into a beautiful tasting mustard. I felt like making a ham & mustard sandwich straight away! This would make great gifts, you could substitute the madeira for sherry if the madeira is too hard to find. Made for Aus/Kiwi Swap, June 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup white mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard seeds & salt in blender, blend 30 secs or until fine.
- Add vinegar, oil, madeira & brandy, blend until thickened.
- Spoon into sterilised container, cover & store in fridge for at least two days to develop flavour.
- Keep refrigerated after opening.