Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion to the skillet.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms and add them to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the Madeira; stir well.
- Increase the heat to med-high; continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have released their liquid, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt; remove from heat and serve immediately or let stand at room temperature for up to 30 minutes before serving.