Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe makes the assumption that you are serving it with a roast. I have had many compliments on the flavor of this gravy. The recipe was originally in a 1989 book called "The Spirit of Christmas Book Three"
- Combine water, 2 tbsp butter and lemon juice in a saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and add mushrooms, cover and cook 5 minutes Pour off the fat from the roasting pan.
- Add 1/4 cup butter to the pan and place over medium high heat, stir butter to melt and add the onions, saute until transparent Drain mushroom liquid and add to the pan.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste and madeira wine, blend well.
- Stir in the mushrooms and flour.
- Stir until the gravy is slightly thickened.
- Season to taste Serve.