Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Classic sauce for Christmas. This version doesn't use any roasting juices or goose fat so is veggie friendly.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons fine whole wheat flour
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- Heat oil and add flour. Cook until flour is nut brown.
- add mushrooms and stock and stir for 2 - 3 minutes Then leave over a gentle heat for for 10 minutes.
- Add soy and sherry/madeira.