Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a terrific sauce for game because it seems to cut the gamey flavor that a lot of people don't like. I have often used marsala instead of madeira and it's just as good.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine
- In small saucepan melt butter over med-low heat. Stir in flour then blend in stock.
- Cook over med. heat until bubbly about 5 minute.
- Add jelly and stir until melted.
- Add Madeira and heat to just boiling.
- Serve over meat.
This was very good! I served it over "gaming" elk steak and stuffing. We loved the flavor of this sauce. The only change I made was to use beef consomme' instead of the broth. (it gives even more beefy flavor) Very yummy! I also used Marsala cooking wine instead of the madeira wine. I have posted 3 photo's the first with the elk, second with stuffing and the third "The sauce". Thanks for posting. :)