Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another from Steam Cuisine by Jenny Stacey. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 4 boneless duck breasts, skinned
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 8 tablespoons madeira wine
- 4 tablespoons cherry jam
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Slice the duck breasts and place in a shallow glass dish. Mix one third of the garlic cloves, the stock, Madeira and jam together and spoon over the duck. Cover and marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- In a steamer, add the mushrooms and sprinkle with the remaining garlic and the parsley.
- Remove the duck breasts from the dish, reserving the marinade, and place on top of the mushrooms. Cover and steam for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small saucepan. Blend the corn flour with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a paste and whisk into the marinade. Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened and clear. Arrange a few mushrooms on each plate, top with the duck breasts, pour the sauce over and serve with rice.