Recipe by loof
Serve this sweet and savory chicken dish with brown or wild rice. Adapted from a recipe found at cooks.com (prep time does not include marinating time)
Top Review by Annacia
Oh, my gosh, what a treat. Even my uber picky DH who doesn't like anything enjoyed this (loof, thats a standing ovation!). It all came together very smoothly and with wonderful aroma and flavor. I'll double the figs next time because I love them and they were a grand addition to the chicken. Made for ZWT 8, Spain.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns (soaked in water and drained)
- 8 figs (fresh or dried)
- 4 ounces pitted black olives (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, cumin, ginger, salt, peppercorns, figs, and olives. Put the chicken in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade mixture. Cover and marinate several hours or overnight.
- Mix brown sugar and wine and toss with pecans. Pour this over the chicken in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake 25-30 minutes, uncovered.