Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came across this recipe when going through an old recipe box. It was filed under "Christmas Specials". I probably haven't made this in over 30 years, but do remember that it was a yearly treat. I don't remember where I found it originally, but it's quite possibly an old Robin Hood recipe. Back then, I used to get a lot of pamphlets from RH. I'll have to make this again. Would be perfect for out cribbage get togethers. :D
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup fruit sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup candied fruit, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 300*. Grease loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Toss fruit with 2 tsp of flour, and fold into batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cake tests done.