Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom, an excellent cook, was visiting from CA and wanted to make a potato salad for a cookout just using what I had on hand. This is her creative version that got rave reviews from the family. I forced her to write down what amounts she used so its a loose version based on what she could remember!
- 3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and fried
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper relish (red pepper relish is easy to find nowadays)
- 1 pepperoncini pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (rough estimate)
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop bacon and fry till crisp.
- Using a large pot cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender but not overcooked.
- meanwhile, mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- When potatoes are al dente, drain in a colander and run cold water over them.
- Once cooled add potatoes to mixture and gently fold together.
- adjust seasonings to taste.