My mom, an excellent cook, was visiting from CA and wanted to make a potato salad for a cookout just using what I had on hand. This is her creative version that got rave reviews from the family. I forced her to write down what amounts she used so its a loose version based on what she could remember!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and fried
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper relish (red pepper relish is easy to find nowadays)
- 1 pepperoncini pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (rough estimate)
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Chop bacon and fry till crisp.
- 2Using a large pot cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender but not overcooked.
- 3meanwhile, mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 4When potatoes are al dente, drain in a colander and run cold water over them.
- 5Once cooled add potatoes to mixture and gently fold together.
- 6adjust seasonings to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Made up Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 923.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey dijon mustard