Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
This is a simple dish from the Kraft magazine. They made over chicken tetrazzini so it has less calories and fat. It's really yummy and creamy. You would never know what it's missing. I usually double the recipe and cook in a 9x13 casserole dish. Then I have enough to serve 9 daycare kids and leave enough leftover to serve my family of 6.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked as directed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken, peppers and mushrooms: cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Place Neufchatel cheese, flour and broth in skillet. Cook and stir with wire whisk until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Neufchatel cheese mixture, chicken mixture, and 2 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese to cooked spaghetti; mix well. Spoon into 2-qt round casserole dish; cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella and remaining 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese; continue baking, uncovered, 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.