1/2 Photos of Made from Scratch Broccoli Cornbread
to my surprise, every broccoli cornbread on Zaar calls for "cornbread mix" this recipe is completely from scratch and WELL WORTH the extra steps! I don't remember where I found this... I've been making this for years... great with chicken, or chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl mix together the corn meal, flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- 2Melt butter in a small fry pan. Add onion and saute until onions are translucent.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, thawed broccoli, cottage cheese, and melted butter with onions. Pour into well of flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- 4Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Made from Scratch Broccoli Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 399.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g