Recipe by Dee514
These are a favorite staple for our "holiday cookie tray", as well as for "Sunday dinner" desserts, picnics, or any time I can be talked into making them ;) Cook time includes the "drying time" in the oven.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
What an easy and great recipe! Inspired by lilsweetie's photo, I added 2 tsp raspberry extract and some red food coloring. I piped them through a pastry bag to make cute little kiss-shaped cookies. (I learned the hard way that mini morsels don't fit through any tips that I have, so I just used the bag alone and everything worked fine.)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips (I prefer using the "mini" chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well until sugar is dissolved and meringue peaks are stiff.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment (or greased waxed paper).
- Drop mix by spoonful on to parchment, leaving a space of 1 inch between cookies.
- Place in preheated 400°F oven; immediately reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn oven off.
- Leave cookies in oven (to dry) without opening door for several hours or until oven is cool.