1/1 Photo of Maddy's Meringue Cookies
3 hrs 15 mins
These are a favorite staple for our "holiday cookie tray", as well as for "Sunday dinner" desserts, picnics, or any time I can be talked into making them ;) Cook time includes the "drying time" in the oven.
My Private Note
Dozen ( ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 2Add sugar gradually, beating well until sugar is dissolved and meringue peaks are stiff.
- 3Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment (or greased waxed paper).
- 5Drop mix by spoonful on to parchment, leaving a space of 1 inch between cookies.
- 6Place in preheated 400°F oven; immediately reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, then turn oven off.
- 8Leave cookies in oven (to dry) without opening door for several hours or until oven is cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maddy's Meringue Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 60.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g