Recipe by Cheeseburger in Paradise
This is the essence of Madame Quiche's recipe. It is a very near replica of the small quiches she sells each Saturday at the Louviers market.
- 1 pie pastry or 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, for the crust
- 6 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk (any % fat)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (swiss type's included, but just as good with any cheese you have around)
- fresh nutmeg, grated on top if you use a swiss type cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pastry at 425°F until golden brown. Then whisk together all ingredients and add to your cooled pastry. Bake quiche at 425°F for 30-35 minutes. Watch it at around 25 minutes to make sure you don't over cook.
- To check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center. If it comes out clean it is done.