Recipe by Ambervim
This is one of the recipes I found to serve at a dinner honoring our missionaries to Madagascar after I had been on a mission trip there. It is a fruit compote with lychee nuts.
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh but in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup lychees
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pineapple, cantaloupe, oranges, strawberries and lychee.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, water, salt and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over the fruit and chill in fridge for 1 hour.