Recipe by Ambervim
This is a vegetable soup. Any combination of fresh veggies and meat bones may be used. Do NOT add pulses (dried beans, peas and lentils) or potato rice or other starch. This is simple
- 3 lbs veal bones
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in 3 pieces
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut in chunks
- 8 scallions, but in large pieces
- 1 cup string bean
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 quart pot, simmer bones, water and salt.
- Add carrots, turnip, scallions, string beans tomatoes and pepper and simmer for 1 hour or until veggies are tender.
- Remove bones.
- Put the veggies through a sieve or veggie mill to make puree (I use stick to puree in the pot).
- Serve thick and hot.