Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from a friend of my Mom's who was from Madagascar. This is so delicious and simple. Enjoy!
- 6 -8 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, for color
- 1 zucchini (optional)
- Cut up the chicken breast into bite size pieces. Brown the chicken with the olive oil, but do not cook it completely. Add the chopped onion and let cook for about 1 minute, stirring it occasionally. Add the coconut cream and the can of chopped tomatoes. Add the chopped green onions. Add a dash of salt and dash of pepper. Let simmer for 1 hour covered, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Add 1 chopped zucchini squash around the last 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and you are done.
This is an easy recipe with easy to find ingredients. I made it as written except I sautéed the onions separate (for my daughter-in-law who cannot eat onions due to diet restrictions). The seasonings need to be jacked up a bit. Would suggest adding peanut sauce or peanut butter and maybe marinating the chicken before cooking with a honey/soy marinade. I served it over Chinese style noodles.