Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really Good Chicken!
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in bite size chunks
- 2⁄3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 tomatoes, sliced and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne powder
- lemon juice
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice 30 min, drain and season with salt.
- and pepper to taste Saute over medium heat until cooked on outside but slightly pink inside. Drain oil and place chicken in a container and set aside Saute onions, stirring constantly, until slightly browned. Add bell peppers and garlic and saute 3-4 min, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer, add coconut milk, ginger, cayenne powder, and lemon rind. Add chicken back to stew.
- Cover and simmer 30 min or until in thick stew consistency. If mixture is too thin simmer with lid removed until desired consistency is reached. Serve over a bed of steamed white rice.
- NOTE: One pound shelled and deveined shrimp can be added to or.
- substituted for the chicken.