1/2 Photos of Madagascar Chicken
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
A very different way to spice up the same old chicken! Plus a name that may unspire kids to get excited about the recipe! I found this recipe while searching the web. Minor changes have been made to make this even better! NOTE: One pound shelled and deveined shrimp can be added to or substituted for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the lemon rind, removing the yellow only and leaving the bitter pith on the fruit. Reserve rind.
- 2Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the meat. Allow if to marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In a hot skillet with a little oil or cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat leaving chicken only partially cooked.
- 4Remove chicken and discard any oil, leaving just a light film or spray pan again. Add onions and cook until slightly browned.
- 5Add bell pepper and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer, add coconut milk, ginger, cayenne powder, and grated lemon rind.
- 6Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer 30 min or until in thick stew consistency. If mixture is too thin simmer with lid removed until desired consistency is reached.
- 7Serve over a bed of steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madagascar Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 28.6 g