Recipe by 2bizzy
My daughter made this at Girl Scout camp, though not exactly gourmet, it sure is a fun and tasty treat for the kids to make. We use it ourselves now when we go camping.
Top Review by bigsisof7
love it!i home school and we did it for snack time.they complained that they had to shake so long but said was totally worth it!!ohhh and i did not crush the ice and it only took like 15 mins. i also triple bagged it to lock in the cold more.!!!!!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 quart size ziploc bag
- 1 gallon size ziploc bag
- 1⁄4 cup rock salt or 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- duct tape
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, vanilla and sugar into smaller bag. Zip closed then seal again with duct tape. Squeeze bag gently to mix.
- Fill gallon bag halfway with ice and then add salt. Put smaller bag inside and seal bigger bag.
- Shake bag until the ice cream in the small interior bag feels firm.
- Remove small bag, wipe dry and carefully cut top off.
- Eat your ice cream right out of the bag!