Recipe by ladyshell2005
One of my first attempts at cooking, and a ongoing improvement was chili. After the demise of the R.B. rice chili starter roll, I had to re-engineer a new recipe for my family favorite chili. This is a quick recipe I can go to store and have this done in under an hour !!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces edmonds beef chili starter (roll)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Contadina tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes (carlita or rotel mild brand)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili starter (mild, bushes)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans Brook's chili hot beans (or mild)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper (mild sliced)
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- In four quart or bigger pot combine 4 cups water and crumbled up edmonds chili roll; simmer at low until chili roll is completely dissolved, stir often.
- Meanwhile in a 10 inches skillet add vegetable oil and diced onion and diced garlic clove, parsley flakes, 1 tsp garlic salt, and 1 tbs worcestershire sauce; simmer till onions are tender .
- Add bushes chili starter, 2 cans of brooks chili beans, 1 tbs chili powder, to four quart pot, stirring often.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook till no pink left; drain.
- Add to skillet 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 cup water; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add to skillet mixture 1 can tomato sauce, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp sweet basil, 1 tsp garlic salt. Divide 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and sliced banana peppers into both pans. Continue to simmer for another ten minutes.
- Combine into the larger pot and its done serve with shredded cheese on top and/or peanut butter sandwiches.