Recipe by pollen
Simple, rich & chocolatey.. what more can you ask for? I got this from epicurious.com and adapted it a bit.
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 -5 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 -5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 (2 package) lb cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- (for crust) crush oreos and mix with the melted margarine; press into a 9" springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate (I do it in the microwave, stirring fairly often) and set aside to cool.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add whipping cream, cocoa powder and vanilla, and the melted chocolate; stir until mixed.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of cake pan.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes, until the top of the cake has almost (but not quite!) set.
- Let cool, then chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- It's good topped with sliced fruit!