Recipe by Chef 313014
I thought these were quite good. From Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook.
Top Review by jessiethebestie
Unfortunately, we were not so impressed by these. The meatballs definitely need more flavor at the least. Although I absolutely loved the method of poaching the meatballs in a sauce while cooking, this particular sauce did not do it for us. It wasn't inedible, but was not enjoyable, for us at least.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 slices soft bread, torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet. Add green pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in soups and water. Heat to boiling. Then turn down heat and simmer sauce, stirring occasionally.
- While this sauce cooks, make meatballs. Beat egg slightly in bowl. Add ground beef, bread, evaporated milk and salt and mix well.
- Shape meat into balls about the size of ping-pong balls.
- Drop balls into simmering sauce and cook slowly about 1 hour, or until sauce has thickened.