1/1 Photo of Mad Dog’s Ultimate Whole Wheat Semolina Bread
2 hrs 58 mins
2 hrs 23 mins
R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
A very light whole wheat bread that is better than any other recipe you ever tasted. The texture and aroma are addicting. My own creation this is an easy favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof yeast with 1 cup of water that has had the honey mixed into it for ten minutes.
- 2Sift flours (bread, whole wheat & SEMOLINA) and salt together into mixing bowl.
- 3Mix flour combination with the melted butter.
- 4Mix flour combination with proofed yeast and additional water until a dough ball is formed.
- 5Knead dough for ten minutes.
- 6Place dough into a buttered bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm, draft free place (I heat oven to 115ºF and then turn it off) at least one hour until dough doubles in size.
- 7Punch down the dough, form it into a loaf and place in a buttered metal bread loaf pan (big one as this makes a big loaf).
- 8Let loaf rise a second time (at least one hour or until loaf doubles in size) in a draft free warm place (I put into the microwave and leave it uncovered.).
- 9Bake bread in a preheated 375ºF oven for 35 minutes until bread reaches an internal temperature of 180-200ºF.
- 10Turn bread out of pan and let cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mad Dog’s Ultimate Whole Wheat Semolina Bread
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2201.8
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 2474.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 430.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.4 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 68.3 g