Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Traditional Potatoe Pancakes with a decidely Southwestern Flair. Easy enourmously, tasty, explosion of flavor. If you like Tex-Mex Southwestern fair....and happen to celbrate Chanuka, than this is for you!!!!
- 4 potatoes, grated and soaked in cold water with
- 1⁄2 lemon, squeezed in. squeeze out all of the water prior to mi (about 1 1/2 lb russet)
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup flour (add more if batter is watery)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Combine the first eleven ingredients.
- Heat oil until hot and just starting to smoke.
- Fry spoonfuls until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa!
I've not tried this as of yet - but I'm, definitely, going to add this to the top of my "must cook ASAP" list (and top them with some chipolte sour creme too boot :-) - eileen