Recipe by R. Warren Meddoff
Easy, chili relleno like you wished you could get in a Mexican restaurant. Depending on the pepper's it might have a little bite!
- 7 whole green poblano chiles (roasted, skinned and seeded)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (jack, cheddar, asadero & queso quesadilla)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 7 x 11 greased baking dish, layer sliced chili strips and cheese (cheese first).
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and garlic salt and pour over chili & jack cheese. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (until puffed and brown).
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.