1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sam Saguaro's Note:
Here's a bowl of chili that you'll loose your mind over, and well worth it! It's easy to make and great for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 large white onions
- 8 lbs chuck roast, coarse ground
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup new mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 (24 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 2 (24 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (24 ounce) cans black beans
- 1Cook onions in bacon drippings over medium heat until they are translucent.
- 2Add beef and garlic, chile, cumin and oregano and cook about 1/2 hour until meat is evenly browned.
- 3Add tomatoes, water, and beer. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simer uncovered for 1 hour.
- 4Mix masa harina with a little water to make a thin paste and stir into chili to acheive the desirede consistency.
- 5Serve hot with cornbread or sourdough bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mad Cow Chili
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1057.5
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 211.7 mg
- Sodium 245.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 68.9 g