Recipe by K9 Owned
I cut this recipe out of a magazine more than a dozen yers ago and finally decided to post it here so I don't lose it. The restaurant 'Mad Apples' is sadly no longer in business and if the rest of their food was as good as this simple dish it is a great loss. Please note: This is NOT diet fare :) Oh, and the recipe is posted exactly as written in the magazine. I like to add very thinly sliced onion to the mix.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So yummy! I thought we would miss the cheddar since we usually add it to scalloped potatoes, but this was great with the parm. Only change I made was to sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on the top during the last few minutes of baking; I LOVE the smell and taste of toasted parmesan cheese. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 8 -10 medium potatoes (I like to use Yukon Gold)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Wash and peel potatoes and slice in to 1/4" thick rounds. Place in a lightly oiled 9 x 12 baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl combine cream with cheese, garlic pwd, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth and pour over potatoes blending until the poatoes are coated with the mixture.
- 3. Bake in a 400 degree oven until tender - 45 minutes to 1 hour. If less crisp potatoes are desired cover with foil after the first 30 minutes.