Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine
Make and share this Mad About "Meat" Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 158.51 ml mashed cooked carrot
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml grated zucchini
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce, divided
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 44.37 ml ground flax seeds
- 44.37 ml ground walnuts
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inches of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until wilted. Drain and squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, carrots, bread, eggs, zucchini, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, onion, flaxseed, walnuts, oil, garlic, seasonings and spinach. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 4-7 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.