This is a simple recipe that has passed from my grandma to my dad to me. It's cheap and quick to make. If you like spicy food and you like spaghetti I think you'll like this recipe. I like to serve it with slices of french bread that have been slathered with garlic spread and lightly toasted in the oven. It has a kick I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet over med-high heat brown the hamburger (use a spatula to crumble the meat up fine while it cooks.
- 2In a large stock pot start your pasta water to boil (don't forget to season the water with salt). Add spaghetti when the water has come to a rolling boil.
- 3Once the meat is browned, strain it and return it to the pan.
- 4Add the other ingredients except the spaghetti. Mix and simmer over low-med heat (be sure to stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick).
- 5Strain the pasta when it's done and return to the stock pot.
- 6Pour the meat sauce into the stock pot with the spaghetti and mix well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac's Spaghetti Red (Spicy With a Kick)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 960.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix